2019 series FLAT® GDT surge arrestor
Bourns is pleased to announce the release of the Model 2019 Series Gas Discharge Tube (GDT) Surge Arrestor with FLAT® Technology
Bourns is pleased to announce the release of the Model 2019 Series as Discharge Tube (GDT) Surge Arrestor with FLAT® Technology. Bourns again sets a new industry standard by offering a high current rated 2-electrode GDT in an innovative flat-package design. Bourns’ FLAT® Technology delivers high performance in a compact package.
The Model 2019 Series is an ITU K.12 Class IV GDT device rated at 25 kA maximum on an 8/20 μs waveform. The series is offered with DC breakdown voltages ranging from 90 to 230 V.
The new series features an innovative low profile, horizontal surface mount design that achieves a significant savings in height when compared to a standard 8 mm GDT.
- Compact, space-saving design
- High surge rating
- Stable performance over life
- Low leakage and insertion loss
- Constant capacitance regardless of voltage
- Low arc voltage
- Horizontal design provides a significant height and volume savings vs an 8 mm SMD Bourns® GDT
- Devices do not impact signal or system operation
- Voltage limting suitable for sensitive equipment
- Long term reliability and performance
- Bottom-side PCB mountable
- RoHS compliant*
- Halogen free**
- Telecom equipment
- Industrial communications
- Surge Protective Devices
- High density PCB assemblies
* RoHS Directive 2015/863, Mar 31, 2015 and Annex.
** Bourns considers a product to be “halogen free” if (a) the Bromine (Br) content is 900 ppm or less;
(b) the Chlorine (Cl) content is 900 ppm or less; and (c) the total Bromine (Br) and Chlorine (Cl) content is 1500 ppm or less.
Ask an expert
Have a question? Our regional technical specialists are on hand to help.