Bel Power Solutions TET4000 titanium efficiency 4 kW power supply
Bel Power Solutions & Protection today announced the TET4000 Series, a 4000 W power supply designed to provide the highest efficiency (Titanium) power conversion for datacenters
Bel Power Solutions and Protection, a Bel group company (NASDAQ: BELFA and BELFB) and premier global manufacturer of power management devices, today announced the TET4000 Series, a 4000 W power supply designed to provide the highest efficiency (Titanium) power conversion for datacenters being built to Open Compute Project (OCP), Open Data Center Committee (ODCC) or Central Office Re-architected as a Datacenter (CORD) standards. The TET4000 Series is the highest power 48 VDC model in Bel Power’s power supply portfolio and one of very few 4000 watt 48 VDC server power supplies available as standard product.
The adoption of 48V for datacenter power distribution is accelerating within the datacenter ecosystem as it can improve Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE), lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and boost computing density and rack utilization. The new TET4000 Series is designed to provide peak efficiency over 97.5 per cent, classified as Titanium level, the highest efficiency classification for power supplies. These new 48V datacenters and central offices are equipped with high performance servers and super computers running scalable and distributed computing of large volumes of data.
Housed in a compact form factor (69 x 40.5 x 530 mm), Bel Power’s TET4000 Series can convert standard AC mains power into a main output of 48 VDC, which is programmable from 42 to 58 VDC, with power-factor correction (PFC). Both the normal and reverse airflow models are hot-pluggable and feature parallel operation with active current sharing or analog bus and full digital controls for improved performance. The TET4000 Series delivers a power density of 44 W/in3 and incorporates soft-switching resonant techniques in conjunction with synchronous rectification, providing increased system reliability and very high efficiency.
The TET4000 Series provides an always-on +12 V 60 W standby output and a CAN communication interface for monitoring, control and firmware update via bootloader. These power supplies meet international safety standards and display the CE-Mark for the European Low Voltage Directive (LVD) and have patents pending.
- Best-in-class efficiency of up to 98%
- Wide input voltage range: Full power available at 200-250VAC, reduced output power at 100-200 VAC
- AC input with power factor correction
- 4000 W main output with programmable voltage set-point of 42-58 VDC
- Optional Standby output 12 VDC / 60 W
- One single rear side connector for input and output power and signaling
- Parallel operation with active digital current sharing through CAN bus
- Hot-plug capable
- High density design: 44 W/in3
- Small form factor: 69 x 40.6 x 528 mm
- Full digital controls for improved performance
- CAN communication interface for monitoring, control, and firmware update via bootloader, optional I2C communication instead of CAN bus foreseen
- Overtemperature, output overvoltage and overcurrent protection
- 2 Status LEDs: AC OK and DC OK with fault signaling
- Safety-approved to UL/CSA 62368-1 and IEC 62368-1
- RoHS Compliant
- US Patent Pending
- Data Center
- High Performance Servers
Ask an expert
Have a question? Our regional technical specialists are on hand to help.