Amphenol LPT series rugged connectors
Amphenol has launched the LPT series of rugged connectors for harsh environments, ideal for use in a wide range of industrial and automotive applications
Amphenol Industrial Operations now offers a new series of rugged connectors for use in harsh environments. The LPT series is ideal for use in factory automation, automotive, hybrid electric vehicles/electric vehicles, energy storage, power distribution, industrial instrumentation and process control applications.
Based on Amphenol’s MIL-C-26482 series I and the original PT series, the lightweight LPT has an aluminum shell design. This metal connector also features a standard PT shell with coupling nut, making it intermateable with the PT series. The LPT includes three retention tines with stamped and formed crimp contacts that can easily be inserted and ensure retention force.
These new connectors accept wire gauges from 22 AWG/0.34mm² to 12 AWG/3.5mm², have quick positive coupling and 5 key/keyway mating to ensure that users don’t mismate when plugging into a receptacle.
The LPT series is waterproof to IP67 standard and self-extinguishing to UL94 V-0. They can withstand 500 mating cycles and have an operating temperature range of -40° C to +125°C.
Amphenol’s LPT connectors are available in five shell styles, including box mounting receptacle, jam nut receptacle, straight plug, wall mounting receptacle and cable connecting receptacle. The connectors are also available in a variety of finishes, including black zinc, nickel and gray zinc nickel. All are RoHS compliant. Contacts are available in gold, nickel or tin plated. Multiple shell plating options are available upon request.
Features and benefits
- Aluminum shell, light and reliable
- Multiple shell plating options, including Gray ZnNi which is effective up to 500 hours of salt spray
- Standard PT shell and coupling nut, intermateable with PT Series
- 3-tine Stamped & Formed crimp contacts
- Accepts wire gauges from 22AWG/0.34mm2 to 12AWG/3.5mm2
- Quick positive bayonet coupling and 5 key/keyway mating
- High Shock and High Vibration capabilities
- IP67 Rating (mated)
- 500 mating cycles
- UL94 V-0 (Self-Extinguishing)
- Wide Operating Temperature Range (-40°C to 125°C)
Ask an expert
Have a question? Our regional technical specialists are on hand to help.