Vishay Intertechnology introduces a new Automotive Grade Power Metal Strip resistor that delivers a high 10 W power rating in the compact 2818 case size. By providing the high power capability of larger resistors in a smaller footprint, the Vishay Dale WSHP2818 is designed to save space and reduce component counts in automotive, industrial, consumer, and computer applications, while offering a surface-mount alternative to leaded resistors.
• Features a proprietary construction that incorporates an improved thermal management design
• Maintains the superior electrical characteristics of the Power Metal Strip construction
• Can be used instead of larger high power components or multiple lower power devices
• Reduces board space requirements and enables the design of smaller and lighter end products
• Proprietary processing technique produces extremely low resistance values
• All-welded construction
• Solid metal nickel-chrome or manganese-copper alloy resistive element with low TCR (± 20 ppm/°C)