Avnet Abacus recognised for excellence in distribution by five partners
Technical expertise and consistent quality of service are among the attributes that land Avnet Abacus multiple distribution awards
Brussels, Belgium, 4th December, 2018: Avnet Abacus, one of Europe’s leading interconnect, passive, electro-mechanical and power distributors and a regional business unit of Avnet (Nasdaq: AVT), has been recognised by five of its franchise suppliers for excellence in distribution. The five awards, which were presented at the recent electronica trade fair in Munich, Germany, were: 2017 Fastest Growing Distributor (Abracon); 2018 Broadline Distributor of the Year EMEA (Bel); 2018 Platinum Distributor Award (Kingbright); 2018 Avnet EMEA Distributor Best Growth 2018 (Pulse); and 2018 Outperforming Growth (Samsung Electro Mechanics - SEMCO).
A common theme that resonated across all five awards was the exemplary customer support provided by Avnet Abacus as demonstrated through consistent quality of service, specialist technical capabilities, commercial acumen, delivery reliability and deep industry knowledge.
Specific highlights from each manufacturer included:
- Twofold success on the Abracon product lines during the 2017 financial year, achieving 75% sales growth in IoT crystals and antennas, and a 50% increase in active new customers.
- Praise for the employees of Avnet Abacus by Bel, and especially for the unique specialist technical competencies that support customers throughout the product lifecycle from design to production.
- Avnet Abacus has retained the Platinum Distributor Award from LED manufacturer Kingbright for the eighth consecutive year, which highlights a consistency of superior service over many years, and the continued successful collaboration between the two companies.
- The Pulse award is due in part to the synergy between the wide range of unique and high quality products, effective design and marketing support from the Avnet Abacus team and a consistent NPI strategy.
- The Samsung award, based on excellent asset and pipeline management, combined with strong customer relationships and service, enabled Avnet Abacus to secure a robust supply chain that was in line with customer demand expectations despite challenging market conditions, and which resulted in unrivalled growth.
“One of our core strengths at Avnet Abacus, and a key differentiating factor, is the specialist technical skills of our product and sales teams across EMEA,” said Hagen Gõtze, director supplier and product management, Avnet Abacus. “These awards confirm that this competence is clearly valued by our suppliers, and evidence that the collaborative relationships we engage in with these five as well as our many other manufacturing partners, deliver the highest levels of service and customer support and lead to successful business performance.”
All brands and trade names are trademarks or registered trademarks, and are the properties of their respective owners. Avnet disclaims any proprietary interest in marks other than its own.
About Avnet Abacus
Avnet Abacus is a pan-European distributor committed to supporting customers from design to fulfilment. Avnet Abacus’ exceptional linecard features globally recognized manufacturers and an extensive product range that includes interconnect, passive, electromechanical, power supply, energy storage, wireless & sensor products and solutions. In-depth technical expertise is delivered through a team of over 50 technical specialists and 100 customer account managers based across Europe, and the broad range of supply chain solutions and extensive inventory offered ensures optimal design and manufacturing capability. Avnet Abacus is a regional business unit of Avnet, (Nasdaq:AVT), with European headquarters in Belgium (Avnet Europe Comm. VA). For more information, visit: www.avnet-abacus.eu.
Avnet is a global technology solutions provider with an extensive ecosystem delivering design, product, marketing and supply chain expertise for customers at every stage of the product lifecycle. We transform ideas into intelligent solutions, reducing the time, cost and complexities of bringing products to market. For nearly a century, Avnet has helped its customers and suppliers around the world realize the transformative possibilities of technology. Learn more about Avnet at www.avnet.com.
For further information:
Lisa Rees - Marketing Communications Manager
T: +44 (0)1628 512940
M: +44 (0)7872 118277
Latest news from Avnet Abacus
Keep up-to-date with the latest company news and announcementsLearn More
Helping to solve design challengesREAD THE BLOG
Featuring in-depth trend and technology reviews, and new product spotlights, Focus keeps you up to speed with the fastest moving industry in the world.READ MORE