Avnet Abacus showcases new power and connectivity solutions at European Microwave Week 2019
Technical expertise and breadth of solutions help customers bring industrial, computing, communications and microwave/RF solutions to market faster
Brussels, Belgium, 29th August, 2019: Avnet Abacus, one of Europe’s leading interconnect, passive, electro-mechanical and power distributors and a regional business unit of Avnet (NASDAQ: AVT), will showcase power and connectivity solutions at European Microwave Week 2019, Porte de Versailles - Paris, 29 September - 4 October. In dedicated power and connectivity sections of exhibition stand 445, Avnet Abacus product specialists will be available to discuss design needs and offer technical advice, plus there will be product demonstrations of the very latest power and connectivity solutions from several of Avnet’s leading suppliers, including: Amphenol SV Microwave, Bel Power, Cinch, MEAN WELL, Molex and TE Connectivity.
Working closely with its suppliers, Avnet Abacus takes a system-level approach to power supplies and offers exceptionally high levels of engineering support to ensure customers achieve maximum performance and efficiency for their designs. Important new products and key power equipment makers to be featured on the stand include:
- The TET4000 series of 4000W 48V(DC) server power supplies from Bel Power Solutions (picture right), which has been designed for use in routers, servers and switches. The units have been built to deliver ‘titanium’ level efficiency of 98%, as well as meeting the Open Compute Project (OCP), Open Data Center Committee (ODCC) and Central Office Re-architected as a Datacenter (CORD) standards.
- Presented in Europe for the first time by Avnet Abacus, the MEAN WELL UHP-2500 is a 2500W single-output power supply with a slim 60mm profile and unique fanless design. Offering built-in PMBus and CANBus options, it delivers 24V or 48V output voltages with efficiency up to 96%. Other products from MEAN WELL include the RCP-1600 1600W single-output 1U rack mountable front-end AC/DC converter, and the NMP1K2-HKKKKK-14 medical-grade modular supply with intelligent remote-control functions.
Over many years, Avnet Abacus has set the bar in helping engineers integrate interconnect products into their designs. Delivering the latest technologies from board-level systems to embedded appliances to the connection of servers and networking equipment, the distributor combines a world-leading portfolio with expert knowledge for multiple end markets. Products from key connectivity suppliers being shown on the stand include:
- The SMPx interconnect demonstration board from Amphenol SV Microwave, which features extreme-frequency solder-on single and multiport surface-mount and edge-launch connectors for 40, 65 and 100GHz operation. The board also highlights the VITA 67 coaxial interface platform for aerospace, defence and radar applications.
- The RF5G demo board from Bel Cinch Connectivity Solutions, which supports SMP and SMPM plus SMA (26.5GHz), 2.92mm (40GHz), 2.4mm (50GHz) and 1.85mm (67GHz) connectors. Designed for use in 5G infrastructure test and measurement, the RF5G also features a very low VSWR and has several mounting options.
- The QSFP-DD double-density interconnect system from Molex, which features an 8-lane interface transmitting up to 28-Gbps NRZ or 56-Gbps PAM-4 at up to 200- or 400-Gbps aggregate. Other Molex products include the zSFP+ system for 56-Gbps serial channels and a range of RJ45 jacks in single- and multi-port versions.
QSFP-DD double-density interconnect system from Molex
- The AmbiMate MS4 sensor module demo pack from TE Connectivity, which is designed for motion, light, temperature and humidity monitoring in applications such as indoor lighting, energy management, environmental controls and air quality monitoring. The pre-engineered four-core sensor system can be easily integrated via the I2C bus.
AmbiMate MS4 sensor module demo pack from TE Connectivity
European Microwave Week 2019 is the largest trade show in Europe dedicated to microwave and RF technology, with more than 300 international exhibitors and 1500 conference delegates: see https://www.eumweek.com/exhibition/exhibition_overview.html.
Visit Avnet Abacus at stand 445 to discover more about how these latest power and connectivity products can support your microwave and RF designs.
About Avnet Abacus
Avnet Abacus is a pan-European demand creation distributor specialising in interconnect, passive, electromechanical, power supply and battery products. Avnet Abacus’ extensive product range and exceptional line card is supported by a team of over 50 product specialists based across Europe, delivering technical expertise and technology focused initiatives. Avnet Abacus is a regional business unit of Avnet, (NASDAQ:AVT), with European headquarters in Belgium (Avnet Europe Comm. VA). For more information, visit: www.avnet-abacus.eu or follow us on http://www.twitter.com/Avnet_Abacus
Avnet is a global technology solutions provider with an extensive ecosystem delivering design, product, marketing and supply chain expertise for customers at every stage of the product lifecycle. We transform ideas into intelligent solutions, reducing the time, cost and complexities of bringing products to market. For nearly a century, Avnet has helped its customers and suppliers around the world realize the transformative possibilities of technology. Learn more about Avnet at www.avnet.com.
All brands and trade names are trademarks or registered trademarks, and are the properties of their respective owners. Avnet disclaims any proprietary interest in marks other than its own.
For further information:
Lisa Rees – Marketing Communications Director
T: +44 (0)1628 512940
M: +44 (0)7872 118277
Latest news from Avnet Abacus
Keep up-to-date with the latest company news and announcementsLearn More
Helping to solve design challengesREAD THE BLOG
Featuring in-depth trend and technology reviews, and new product spotlights, Focus keeps you up to speed with the fastest moving industry in the world.READ MORE