The LP2992 is a 250-mA, fixed-output voltage regulator designed to provide ultralow-dropout and low noise in battery powered applications.
Using an optimized Vertically Integrated PNP (VIP) process, the LP2992 delivers unequaled performance in all specifications critical to battery-powered designs:
- Dropout voltage: Typically 450 mV at 250-mA load, and 5 mV at 1-mA load.
- Ground pin current: Typically 1500 µA at 250-mA load, and 75 µA at 1-mA load.
- Enhanced stability: The LP2992 is stable with output capacitor equivalent series resistance (ESR) as low as 5 mΩ which allows the use of ceramic capacitors on the output.
- Sleep mode: Less than 1-µA quiescent current when ON/OFF\ pin is pulled low.
- Smallest possible size: SOT-23 and WSON packages use absolute minimum board space.
- Precision output: 1% tolerance output voltages available (A grade).
- Low noise: By adding a 10-nF bypass capacitor, output noise can be reduced to 30 µV (typical).
- Multiple voltage options, from 1.5 V to 5 V, are available as standard products. Consult factory for custom voltages.
Input Voltage Range: 2.2 V to 16 V Output Voltage Range: 1.5 V to 5 V Wide Supply Voltage Range (16-V Maximum) Ultralow-Dropout Voltage Specified 250-mA Output Current Smallest Possible Size (SOT-23, WSON Package) Requires Minimum External Components Stable With Low-ESR Output Capacitor < 1-µA Quiescent Current When
Shut Down Low Ground Pin Current at All Loads Output Voltage Accuracy 1% (A Grade) High Peak Current Capability Low ZOUT: 0.3-Ω Typical
(10 Hz to 1 MHz) Overtemperature and Overcurrent Protection −40°C to 125°C Junction Temperature
Range Custom Voltages Available
Maximum Input Voltage
Typical Quiescent Current
Minimum Input Voltage
Maximum Output Current
-40 to 125 °C
Typical Dropout Voltage @ Current
Input Voltage Range
16 to 2.2 V
Maximum Dropout Voltage @ Current
2.92 x 1.6 x 1.02 mm
Junction to Ambient