The LP2981-N is a 100-mA, fixed-output voltage regulator designed specifically to meet the requirements of battery-powered applications.
Using an optimized Vertically Integrated PNP (VIP) process, the LP2981-N delivers unequaled performance in all specifications critical to battery-powered designs:
Dropout Voltage: Typically 200 mV at 100-mA load, and 7 mV at 1-mA load.
Ground Pin Current: Typically 600 μA at 100-mA load, and 80 μA at 1-mA load.
Precision Output: 0.75% tolerance output voltages available (A grade).
Assorted voltage options, from 2.5 V to 5 V, are available as standard products.
- Operating Input Voltage Range: 2.1 V to 16 V
- Ultra-Low-Dropout Voltage
- Output Voltage Accuracy 0.75% (A Grade)
- Specified 100-mA Output Current
- < 1-μA Quiescent Current when Shutdown
- Low Ground Pin Current at All Load Currents
- High Peak Current Capability (300 mA Typical)
- Wide Supply Voltage Range (16 V Maximum)
- Fast Dynamic Response to Line and Load
- Low ZOUT Over Wide Frequency Range
- Overtemperature and Overcurrent Protection
- −40°C to 125°C Junction Temperature Range
Junction to Ambient
Minimum Input Voltage
-40 to 125 °C
Maximum Dropout Voltage @ Current
Maximum Output Current
Typical Quiescent Current
Input Voltage Range
16 to 2.1 V
Maximum Input Voltage
Typical Dropout Voltage @ Current
ECCN / UNSPSC