2016 Java Blitz Winners:
Chandler-Gilbert Community College
Null Pointer Exception
Student Team Members:
Java Blitz – Using Java 7 Standard Edition, students will develop an application that can pass a set of one or more JUnit tests. This may include adherence to the provided functional requirements, code quality and overall validation using predefined criteria.
This event will provide students with the opportunity to develop Java code that will be judged based on a predefined set of criteria. The Java code developed will need to pass a set of 1 or more tests provided by the judging team. Java is the dominate software development language in use at many large corporations.
1 or 2 students per team - 18 years or older represented by a College or University.
8 Teams maximum
No faculty sponsor is required
Disciplines / Skills Recommended:
- Computer Science Major (or related major)
- Java Development skills
- Problem solving skills
The winning team will be announced at Avnet Tech Games on Apr 2nd 2016
- Submissions will be developed using Java SE 7
- Submissions will be developed using the Eclipse™ IDE for Java developers.
- The students will be provided with a laptop on which to develop the solution. The laptop will come pre-loaded with:
End product must:
- Be the original work of the contestant (s)
- Meet the stated functional requirements
- Work properly within the designated development environment and SDK version
- Be done on-site at Avnet Tech Games
- Teams will be given the functional requirements on site on the day of Avnet Tech Games at 9am
- Completed submissions will be "turned in" on site on the day of Avnet Tech Games by 11am
- Select winner at Avnet Tech Games event by 1pm – Apr 2nd2016
- Winning team members will receive $1,000 scholarships.