2016 Desktop Domination Winners:
The University of Advancing Technology
Desktop Domination – In a timed competition, students will use their knowledge to complete a set of tasks and troubleshoot issues in the Windows operating system. The game demonstrates the students’ abilities and troubleshooting skills to work in desktop support.
Students will quickly and to the best of their knowledge complete a set of tasks and troubleshoot issues in the Windows 7 operating system. The game demonstrates the students' abilities and troubleshooting skills to work in desktop support.
Students will be provided with laptops to work in a Windows 7 environment to complete certain tasks and fix specific issues. They will review and go through a build checklist along with completing other side tasks in a given timeframe.
Maximum number of teams: 8
Students per team: 2-3
Disciplines / Skills Recommended:
- Understanding of a Windows client/domain infrastructure
- Some knowledge and familiarity in a Windows 7 environment
- Basic computer troubleshooting skills
- Access to the instructions and checklist will only be provided when students compete on game day
- Students who have not yet competed cannot watch other competitors
None, we'll provide all the tools needed.
Each winning team member will receive a $1,000 scholarship.